Service Providers You’ll Need if You’re in an Accident

After you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, life as you know it seems to turn upside down. There’s healing from the emotional and physical aspect of the crash, but that’s not all you’ll have to deal with. You have to get your vehicle repaired, file an insurance claim, worry about your job, and hopefully, get the compensation you deserve. That’s a lot to take on by yourself. Knowing who to turn to and how they can help can make the process a lot easier.

Local Police

Immediately following an accident, if you’re able, you’re required to contact the police to file a report. The police are trained and can often put together events from the accident based on surrounding evidence. You’ll need to share your side of the story so they can compile a report. This report will be vital to filing an insurance claim.


Though you may not need to hop in an ambulance immediately following an accident, it doesn’t mean you won’t need to see a doctor. Not all accident injuries are visible right away and require additional tests and exams to diagnose and treat. You’ll need to get a full workup and depending on what is discovered, you may be recommended to other specialists like physical therapists and other medical experts for further treatment.

Personal Injury Attorney

If you’ve been seriously injured in an accident you may want to consult a personal injury attorney. You’d talk with someone who practices law where you were injured. So if you’re from New Jersey but you had an accident in New York, you might hire a personal injury lawyer in Deer Park to take your case. They would be well-versed in New York personal injury laws and can best help you get the compensation you deserve. They can assist in a number of ways including helping you to file an insurance claim, negotiating with insurance adjusters, and filing civil suits against guilty parties. They can help you seek damages that include time off from work, emotional trauma, medical bills and continued treatment, property damages, and more.

Insurance Adjusters

Speaking of insurance claims, when you file a claim you are assigned to a claims adjuster. They work with the insurance company and are hired to help determine estimated costs in damages as a result of the accident. After hearing your story, the adjuster will compile information including police reports, witness accounts, and any evidence you provide to determine fault. They will assess the vehicle for damages, retrieve estimates on repairs, and gather medical information on your injuries. Based on their findings, they determine how much, if anything you’ll be paid.


Accidents are traumatic experiences. You’ll go through a lot emotionally and getting past it may be more difficult on your own. If you’re feeling depressed, stressed, or anxious, you may need to talk with someone about it. A therapist can guide you through your emotional despair by offering a listening ear. They can also provide medically backed advice on how to move forward from the accident. If necessary, a therapist may prescribe medication to help you balance your emotions.


Obviously, you’ll have to get your car damage repaired. Mechanics and auto body specialists are skilled in repairing the mechanical and aesthetic damage done to a vehicle. They may need to do major repairs, but fortunately, it’s all covered by insurance.

Being in an accident and suffering injuries is a terrible occurrence that happens to people more often than you may be aware. There’s a lot to deal with following an accident, but fortunately, you don’t have to go through it alone. Working with each of the above-mentioned service providers will make it easier for you to recover and pick up the pieces of your life.