Check out the information available online on hair loss and most websites list effective solutions for hair loss. For men. The standard solutions available in the market today may not be suitable for women simply because their hair loss issues are entirely different from those of men. The treatments they need should be designed around the unique reasons that cause female hair loss. One such option that women can look at is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatments. PRP injections for women could prove to be the ideal solution because this therapy can target the root causes of hair loss specific to women.
Scientific Research So Far
Extensive studies have been conducted in the past 20 to 30 years to help men with their hair loss issues. Science has come up with a bunch of solutions designed to help them including PRP injections for women and men. That’s probably because men of all ages are more likely to lose hair than women due to a larger number of reasons.
Women not only have a lower propensity to lose hair and rarely go bald, but they are also more likely to start to lose hair only around menopause. In addition, while only 20% or so women might lose hair in their 30s, close to 70% of men experience significant hair loss by the time they touch 35. Even so, the problem is no less concerning because having healthy hair is considered a sign of beauty and youth and can take away from women’s confidence and self-esteem.
Characteristics and Causes of Female Hair Loss
Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) or genetically induced hair loss occurs in different areas of the scalp as compared to male androgenetic hair loss. Men start to lose hair on the crown and notice a receding hairline, eventually going bald completely. However, women notice hair loss all over the scalp with a larger amount of loss on the top of the head. Women rarely have a receding hairline. Hormone changes during menopause or an underactive thyroid gland can also result in thinning hair. All of these causes can be treated with PRP injections for women.
Why Conventional Solutions Don’t Work
Here are some of the standard hair loss solutions available today and why they don’t work on women:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) are both performed by harvesting sections of the scalp and individual hair follicles from the areas that have a denser growth. Later, these harvests are implanted in the bare areas. Since women have more or less even hair loss patterns, this solution cannot work for them.
- Supplements like Propecia are allowed only for men because of the adverse effects they can have on women. However, women can use lower strength topical applications of Rogaine that is available in lotion and foam form.
- Women can take supplements like Aldactone, steroids, and Imuran to name a few. However, these medications typically have many side effects and work only as long as they are taken. For this reason, they are not a long-term solution for hair loss.
Why PRP Injections Work for Women
PRP injections for women are more effective because of a number of factors.
- PRP can work to strengthen the hair follicles and shafts so that they continue to grow. The treatment can ensure that the existing hair is not weakened by genetic or hormonal factors.
- Since PRP is a natural procedure that does not involve the use of chemicals and extensive invasive processes, it may be the perfect solution to combat other hair loss causes. These reasons might include dietary deficiencies of proteins and vitamins, side effects of medications, excessive use of damaging hair products, and even pregnancy.
- The PRP serum is created from the patient’s blood and has a concentration of growth factors, mesenchymal stem cells, and all the compounds that are essential for nourishing the hair follicles.
- PRP can create new blood vessels in the most unlikely of areas so that hair roots receive a fresh infusion of nutrient and oxygen rich blood. The scalp is stimulated to grow new follicles while dormant roots receive a boost to begin to grow again.
- By getting PRP treatments in all the sections of the scalp, women can ensure a denser and uniform growth.
Women with their unique hair loss patterns and causes need treatments that are formulated keeping their requirements in mind. PRP injections for women may well be the ideal solution that is effective and provides long-term answers. A simple process, it can be completed within 30 to 45 minutes and begins to show incredible results within 3 months. The absence of side effects and possible allergies from the treatment make Platelet Rich Plasma one of the best hair loss solutions available for women today.