Malaysians are very fond of shopping, and this is why the city boasts of a wide array of different shopping malls in almost every corner of the city. Those beautiful retail complexes offer you everything under one roof and are much more than just a selection of stores. There are fashion boutiques, high-end bars, and some great restaurants that can keep you busy the whole day. You will even come across prayer rooms, gyms and hawker centres in some of those malls.
When in the city, a favourite and leisurely pastime among the locals and tourists is shopping. It is also a smart way of escaping the country’s hot weather and spend some time in the cool interiors of the air-conditioned malls. If you are looking for non-stop airport transfers in Kuala Lumpur, then KLIA Express is the ideal choice. The express service links Kuala Lumpur International Airport with Kuala Lumpur Central and stops at all stations along the line. Thus, it is the fastest mode of transit that allows you to travel fast and without getting stuck in a traffic jam.
Here is a list of the top five malls in Kuala Lumpur
- Pavilion Kuala Lumpur – If you are looking for an ultimate destination and experience for shopping, then the Pavilion makes for an ideal choice. Here you can enjoy affordable budget buys as well as high-end fashion shopping. There are local brands, mid-market brands, and mid-market brands in the mall. You can enjoy Korean, Japanese, and local cuisine at the Gourmet Emporium food court and Gourmet Emporium food court wellness spa or catch a movie.
- The Gardens Mall- The luxurious Gardens Mall is meant for the fashionistas and high-spending customers. You can shop from high-end brands such as Gucci, Hermes, and Burberry at the sparkling posh mall. Explore and enjoy shopping and dining at the spotlessly clean mall with a gold-class cinema. Get ready for a luxurious experience which only money can buy.
- Berjaya Times Square – Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Berjaya Times Square is a popular mall that offers a good mix of brands. This is a great mall to shop for affordable as well as expensive buys. Shop for food, entertainment facilities, fashion clothes, electronics at this iconic mall. The real crowd-pullers are the local Malaysian brands such as Vincci, Padini, Seed, and Soda. Brides, the mall boasts of Kuala Lumpur’s largest indoor theme park with plenty of rides and huge roller coaster system.
- Mid Valley shopping mall – Another of the most popular retail complexes is Mid Valley. Boasting of more than 400 stores, one will find everything they need here in the massive mall that is more than two decades old. Enjoy shopping for fashion and home goods and entertainment in a massive cinema. Be sure to check out the most popular exhibitions in the convention centre in the building. If you want to experience a wonderful element of traditional Malaysia, you can do so at the tasty pit-stop downstairs at the local hawker centre.
- Low Yat Plaza – Low Yat Plaza is the largest IT mall of KL and is spread across seven floors. With more than 500 shops, the mall has everything you need related to IT and offers a great shopping experience. Shop for cameras, mobile phones, laptops, and computers, and the best part is that prices are negotiable and one can bargain hard. If you are a smart shopper, you can sure land some great deals. What completes the shopping experience at the IT mall is a food court, coffee shops, Karaoke, and fashion boutiques.