One thing that truly separates the jewel of the Atlantic from other European cities is that it is blessed with brilliant weather all year round. It is no wonder why so many adventurers, clubbers, and stags are rushing to the Portuguese capital to indulge in some high-class seaside activities and leisure. Lisbon is considered to be one of the most vibrant cities in the old continent, which blends traditional heritage with modernism in the most seamless way. Let’s examine what makes the Queen of the Sea so unique and captivating…
Stag do Weekend Getaway in Lisbon
Stags love this marvelous city! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit some of the best local nightclubs to have a wonderful time during your Lisbon stag do adventure. For example, you can go to the Ministerium Club for some groovy electro music beats. Keep in mind that some of the best DJs have played in this club, like Carl Craig and Ricardo Villalobos!
Or you can go to the Cais do Sodre for some urban club music. The trendy club is adorned with eclectic and modern decorations and it also boasts an amazing sushi restaurant on the first floor. If you like African music, such as samba or Africa-house, you should definitely go to the Docks Club. It plays the coolest hip-hop and R&B music mixed with African roots and beats. Just choose a nightclub, order your preferred drink, find some gorgeous Portuguese ladies to keep you and your crew company, and dance the night away.
Fascinating Facts about Lisbon
- The capital of Portugal is around four centuries older than Rome. Moreover, it is the 2nd
oldest European Capital (the first one is Athens in Greece).
- The Torre de Belem, which is a popular landmark in Lisbon, served as a jail and as a lighthouse many years ago. It was also a telegraph post. The construction of this tower began in 1514 and it is the best historic monument in the city. It was also chosen as one of the 7 Wonders of the Country in 2017.
- The famous Santa Engracia church has the longest construction period of all churches. Its construction began during the 17th century and it was completed in 1966. This beautiful church is also inducted in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The well-known bridge Vasco da Gama is the longest
one in Europe. One of the most amazing things about this bridge is that the biggest
dining table was set on it and 15,000 people were served lunch.
Tourist Hotspots & Hidden Gems in Valencia
While in Valencia, take the chance to visit the Old Town. It’s a pretty and quite mysterious little quarter, with many secrets waiting to be discovered by adventurous visitors. Here you can find some of the coolest spots in town and see the autochtonous side of the city away from the tourist hustle and bustle.
If you need to know what the city of Lisbon looked like with walls many years ago, you can check out the marvelous model scale museum of illustration in Valencia.
- The Patriarch Church with the Dragon – Examine the living and praying quarters of monks who still live in this church. It’s an amazing place with its incredible interior, which is full of intricate frescos. This building is considered to be a local treasure hidden from the foreign masses. Just before entering the church, you can see a strange adornment of the religious building that cites: it’s the Dragon of the Patriarch’)
- Livraria do Simão – This is considered the smallest library in the whole of Lisbon. In fact, if you want to check out the books, the owner himself has to exit in order to make enough space for customers.
- Feira da Ladra – If you are a fan of all things vintage, then this flea market is the perfect place for you. It boasts a huge collection of all things rare and antique so you can test your knack for appraisals.
With the year-round pleasant Atlantic climate, there is never a bad time to visit Lisbon. Whether you are a stag in the hunt for perfect final days of bachelordom or just an adventurous tourist eager to discover all urban hidden gems – the capital of Portugal has got you covered! Book your plane tickets, find a hotel room that suits your tastes and budget, and experience this magnetic city to the fullest. You will love it 100%, that is a given!